Free Application for Federal Student AidUse this link to access the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) website. The FAFSA MUST be submitted in order to qualify for state lottery funds, as well as Pell grants and other federal student aid and loans. The FAFSA opens October 1, 2020. If applying for Tennessee Promise, the deadline for FAFSA completion is February 1, 2021.Gibbs High School will host a FAFSA Completion Workshops on TBD in the media center. Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
Additional Information here!
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s) Social Security Number
- Student’s Driver’s License/Permit/State Issued ID Number
- Previous year's Tax Information for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Records of Untaxed Income for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Checking and Savings Account Balances, Investment Information, Business and Farm Assets for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s)’ FSA ID Username/Password (creating your FSA ID prior to the event will help you save time at the workshop)
TN Promise Information for 2020 GraduatesTennessee Promise offers two years of tuition-free communityor technical college to Tennessee high school graduates.Apply here!
TN Promise Checklist:
___Apply before 11/1/20
___Receive handbook during assembly
___Apply to college/university
___Create FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov
___Complete 2021-22 FAFSA by 2/1/21
(window opens 10/1/19)
___Attend mandatory TN Promise Mtg.
___Complete 8 hours of community service
(between 11/1/20 - 7/1/21)