TN PROMISE & FAFSA
TN Promise Information for 2022 GraduatesTennessee Promise offers two years of tuition-free communityor technical college to Tennessee high school graduates.
How to complete the TN Promise application:
1. Visit www.TNPromise.gov and click the Apply Now for TN Promise banner found at the top of the page.
2. Click Register if you do not already have an account or Sign In if you have previously used the TSAC system.
- You may already have an account if you took a dual enrollment class in high school.
3. If you are a new user, click Create a Log In.
4. Complete the form, check the box to accept the terms and conditions and click Create My Account.
- Record your username and password somewhere safe, along with the answers to your security questions.
5. Click Click Here To Log In.
6. Enter the username and password you created and click Log In.
7. Click Continue to confirm your previously selected personal image.
8. Click Apply in the top left corner of your screen.
9. From the list of scholarships, click on Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award 2022-2023 to access the application.
10. Complete the scholarship application.
- Watch for error messages in red.
- Please note the email address you provide on your TN Promise application is the email address tnAchieves will use to communicate deadlines and reminders. Students are strongly encouraged to provide a personal email address, not a school-issued email address. It is important to use a working personal email that you check at least weekly or risk missing important requirements.
11. Once you complete the application, click Continue and a confirmation will appear.
- The TN Promise application is not complete until a confirmation screen appears. You should print the confirmation email for your records!
12. To check on the status of an application, click View Summary from your account home page.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Use this link to access the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) website. The FAFSA MUST be submitted in order to qualify for state lottery funds, as well as Pell grants and other federal student aid and loans. The FAFSA opens October 1, 2021. If applying for Tennessee Promise, the deadline for FAFSA completion is February 1, 2022.**Gibbs High School will host a FAFSA Completion Workshops on October 28th, 2021 & January 13, 2022 in the GHS media center.**Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
Missed the help session?Click HERE for a 3-step guide to filling out FAFSA!
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s) Social Security Number
- Student’s Driver’s License/Permit/State Issued ID Number
- Previous year's Tax Information for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Records of Untaxed Income for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Checking and Savings Account Balances, Investment Information, Business and Farm Assets for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s)’ FSA ID Username/Password (creating your FSA ID prior to the event will help you save time at the workshop)