The GHS virtual library is always open and is accessible from home. There are lots of great resources available to you both in the library and online. If you have questions please do not hesitate to stop in and ask the librarian! Looking forward to seeing you in the library this school year!On the left are links to the other library pages including databases, library lessons, works cited help and more!Check out our library catalog by clicking on the image below:
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00
Mrs. CallowayGibbs High SchoolLibrary Media Specialist
Contacting the Librarian
Follow @GibbsHSLibrary on Twitter for all GHS library updates!
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.