WELCOME CLASS OF 2022
Important Upcoming Dates for Seniors:
- November 2, 2021: Class of 2022 applicants can begin volunteering for the TN Promise fall 2022 community service requirement.
- December 15, 2021: UT Promise application deadline. (Links to an external site.)
- January 13, 2022: Final FAFSA Workshop. Come to the FAFSA Parent Help Session to get support working through and submitting your FAFSA Application. Remember, FAFSA is a requirement for TN Promise and TN Hope Scholarship.
- January 14, 2022: College Application BLITZ!!! 8:30am-11:00am in Room 309. Come get help applying to any school of your choice!
- February 1, 2022: 2022-2023 TN Promise FAFSA filing deadline.
- June 2, 2022: GRADUATION! 6:00pm @ Ernest White Stadium
Cap & Gown Information!
Balfour representatives will be on campus to take orders on Thursday, October 28th, during lunch.
Senior items including cap, gown, and tassel may also be ordered at www.balfourcampusproducts.com, by clicking on “ORDERS” and then click on “I need to place a NEW ORDER.” Refer to your school’s flyer for specific details.
The link below features your local Balfour representative, Bob Mainord, explaining some important ordering details and showing some of the senior items offered.
Have questions or can’t make it to order day? Order online at www.balfourcampusproducts.com, Click on ORDERS and then click on “I need to place a NEW ORDER.” Contact our office with any questions and one of our representatives will be happy to assist you. We are excited to celebrate YOU!
6210 Anderson Ave., NW
Knoxville, TN 37919
865-588-6210*If you have questions, please see Mrs. Calloway in the library.
Need a Recommendation Letter?
Fill out and submit the following form to your School Counselor at least 2 weeks prior to your deadline:
GHS Brag Sheet
Need to order a transcript? Click below!
**If you need to order a Transcript without ACT scores
if you have questions about ordering your Transcript,
please call or email GHS Registrar:
865-689-9130 ext. 72511
TN Promise Information for 2022 GraduatesTennessee Promise offers two years of tuition-free communityor technical college to Tennessee high school graduates.
How to complete the TN Promise application:
1. Visit www.TNPromise.gov and click the Apply Now for TN Promise banner found at the top of the page.
2. Click Register if you do not already have an account or Sign In if you have previously used the TSAC system.
- You may already have an account if you took a dual enrollment class in high school.
3. If you are a new user, click Create a Log In.
4. Complete the form, check the box to accept the terms and conditions and click Create My Account.
- Record your username and password somewhere safe, along with the answers to your security questions.
5. Click Click Here To Log In.
6. Enter the username and password you created and click Log In.
7. Click Continue to confirm your previously selected personal image.
8. Click Apply in the top left corner of your screen.
9. From the list of scholarships, click on Tennessee Promise Scholarship Award 2022-2023 to access the application.
10. Complete the scholarship application.
- Watch for error messages in red.
- Please note the email address you provide on your TN Promise application is the email address tnAchieves will use to communicate deadlines and reminders. Students are strongly encouraged to provide a personal email address, not a school-issued email address. It is important to use a working personal email that you check at least weekly or risk missing important requirements.
11. Once you complete the application, click Continue and a confirmation will appear.
- The TN Promise application is not complete until a confirmation screen appears. You should print the confirmation email for your records!
12. To check on the status of an application, click View Summary from your account home page.
(Click the photos to sign up!)
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)Use this link to access the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) website. The FAFSA MUST be submitted in order to qualify for state lottery funds, as well as Pell grants and other federal student aid and loans. The FAFSA opens October 1, 2021. If applying for Tennessee Promise, the deadline for FAFSA completion is February 1, 2022.**Gibbs High School will host a FAFSA Completion Workshops on October 28th, 2021 & January 13, 2022 in the GHS media center.**Please bring the following items with you to the workshop:
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s) Social Security Number
- Student’s Driver’s License/Permit/State Issued ID Number
- Previous year's Tax Information for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Records of Untaxed Income for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Checking and Savings Account Balances, Investment Information, Business and Farm Assets for Student and Parent/Guardian(s)
- Student and Parent/Guardian(s)’ FSA ID Username/Password (creating your FSA ID prior to the event will help you save time at the workshop)
Financial Aid Presentation - Senior Night 2021
Picking a school that's right for YOU!
Interested in Trade School?
Check out some of the best local trade schools in our area here: https://www.best-trade-schools.net/
Interested in a Career Degree?
What is a career degree? An associate of applied science (AAS) is a degree earned at a community college that prepares students for business or technical careers. They are not designed to transfer to baccalaureate (4 year) colleges. However, the General Education courses typically transfer to most four-year colleges and universities. The final semester of a career degree usually includes an internship; the employment rate is usually over 90% for career degrees. And, with the Tennessee Promise scholarship, this degree can be earned for free at Institutions such as Pellissippi State, Walters State, Roane State, & TN School of Applied Technology (TCAT).
Examples of Career Degrees:
- Diesel technology
- Dental assisting
- Automotive technology
- Surgical technician
- Information technology
Learn how to make a Canvas Parent Account here (Knox County Schools Canvas)
Additional Information here!
Check out these PowerPoints for information on the College-going process:
Check out last year's Senior Family Night presentation below!
**Class of 2022 Senior Family Night is Tuesday, September 14th!
Check out these helpful documents & sites!
Senior Night PowerPoint: Senior Night Powerpoint 2019-20
TSAC Financial Aid PowerPoint: Senior Night 2019 Financial Aid Presentation