UPDATED TRYOUT INFORMATION
You will receive an invitation to the Parent Meeting, as well as a tryout packet via email from FarragutCheerleading@gmail.com within 24 hours of completing your registration.
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING: March 8th- 6:00 via Zoom. A guardian and prospective athlete MUST attend this meeting. Please check your email for the Zoom link once you have registered.
CLINICS: Mandatory clinics will be March 29th and 30, from 3:45-5:30 in the Farragut High School gym.
MOCK TRYOUT/OPEN GYM: Wednesday, March 31st from 3:45-5:30. This will be one last chance to work through materials, get one-on-one pointers, and have a chance to work on additional skills for tryouts.
TRYOUTS: Thursday, April 1 4:00-??? (FHS Gym) Tryout includes a chant, cheer, dance, jumps, and tumbling. You MUST wear a white tank top, white sports bra, and navy shorts. Makeup and hair needs to be “game ready” with a white bow. Tennis shoes are required (white cheer shoes are encouraged.)
Please review and complete documentation in your tryout packet. This information will be sent upon completion of the tryout interest link, as well as be posted on the website.
- Complete the following forms and return to the FHS front office, in an envelop with FHS Cheer on the outside.:
- TSSAA Physical- This can be a physical from any point after April 15th, 2020. (Please note: You will be required to have a new physical after April 15th, 2020 if you make the team.) ALL PAGES
- Medical Release Form- Please note: This form must be signed by a notary.
- Insurance Coverage Statement- You will also need to make a copy of the front and back of your insurance card.
- Media Release
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Knox County Parent Agreement for Cheerleading Tryouts
- Current Grades with attendance/GPA for 2020-2021 school year
- Social Media/Bylaws Agreement Form- Complete the following Google Doc. https://forms.gle/V9KojzMMntbxmBCV6
- Online payment for $25- Link will come in an email after the parent meeting. (This goes toward fees for judges and clinic instructor, as well as supplies needed for tryouts.)
Athletes will NOT be allowed to participate in clinics or tryouts without all completed forms on hand. THIS MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO March 29th. If you need anything or have questions, please email Coach Pendleton at email@example.com.
Follow Us on Social Media
Facebook: Farragut High School Cheerleading
Coach: Nicole Pendleton
Coach Pendleton is a homebound teacher for Knox County Schools, and a former high school Social Studies teacher. Her previous coaching experience also includes time at The University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge High School, Halls High School, and Palmetto Ridge High School (FL.) Coach Pendleton has also served as a head camp manager for collegiate and middle/high school cheer and dance camps for Varsity Camp Administration.
Coach Pendleton is a graduate of The University of Central Florida (B.S. Social Science Education) and The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (M.A. Teacher Education- Social Science Education.) She is married to Ryan and has two daughters- Savannah and Caroline.