Dear Farragut Parents, Guardians, and Students,
In anticipation of the Tennessee Tax Free Weekend, we wanted to provide a generic supply list in addition to a few reminders. Please note that once school starts, students will receive a syllabus for each class that may request more specific, specialized supplies.
The 2020-2021 Farragut High School generic supply list is as follows:
- Notebook or folder for every class
- Notebook paper
- Pens/ Pencils
- Access to a personal calculator
- Earbuds (for use with Chromebook)
- Due to COVID-19 the sharing of art supplies will be limited, therefore if your student signed up for a visual arts class they will need art supplies (reference syllabus provided by visual arts teacher once classes begin)
- PE students: Lock for PE locker, PE appropriate clothing (t-shirt, athletic shorts/pants)
Teacher Wish List items (optional): Kleenex, Hand sanitizer, Dry erase markers, Clorox wipes
Please be mindful of the Knox County Student Dress Code (as defined by Knox County School Board Policy): Knox County Schools Dress Code
As students and parents shop for clothing, keep the following in mind about appropriate school dress as outlined by the KCS dress code:
- No head apparel, except for religious or medical reasons, must not be worn inside the school building.
- Clothing and accessories such as backpacks, patches, jewelry, and notebooks must not display (1) racial or ethnic slurs/symbols, (2) gang affiliations, (3) disruptive, vulgar, or sexually suggestive language or images; nor, should they promote products which students may not legally buy; such as alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs.
- Shirts, blouses, and dresses must completely cover the abdomen, back, shoulders and must have sleeves. Shirts or tops must cover the waistband of pants, shorts, or skirts with no midriff visible. Low-cut blouses, shirts, or tops or extremely tight tops, tube tops, or any top that exposes cleavage are prohibited.
For further clarification on appropriate school attire, please consult the aforementioned link.
We look forward to a great year at Farragut High School!
Dr. John Bartlett
Principal, Farragut High School