Important AP Exam Updates
Opting Out and Getting A Refund
ALL students who choose to opt out of taking AP exam(s) and receive a refund, should complete the Opt Out Google form for Ms. Davenport's records.
NO money can be refunded until the KCS form is returned!
Form deadline: Thursday, May 28 at 9 AM. NO Exceptions.
Forms recieved after this time will be refunded in August 2020.
- It must have a parent/guardian name AND parent/guardian signature. This is KCS Bookkeeping Policy.
- Also include the AP student's name to the side.
- If you already submitted a form that is missing a parent/guardian name AND parent/guardian signature, please email Ms. Davenport the corrected form.
- Only fill out the top half of the form. Ms. Davenport will complete the bottom half.
- We will begin issuing refund checks when regular testing dates are complete (no sooner than May 22).
Thank for for your patience while we figure this out.
How do I fill this form out online?
You have a few options:
1. If you have access to a printer, you can print it, fill it out and email Ms. Davenport a screenshot
2. You can use Preview on a Mac, Adobe Reader (a free download), any other PDF viewer/editor or photo editing tools to add text to the PDF or image.
3. You can use your phone's photo editing/markup tools to add text and a signature.
4. You can 'sign' the form by typing. A hand-written signature is not required.
5. Email the edited image/screenshot to me at Emily.firstname.lastname@example.org
What if I can't fill it out online?
Call the school office at 865-933-3434 and schedule an appointment to pick up and fillout a form in person. It must have a parent/guardian signature to be valid
What if I paid online?
You still need to fill out the Opt Out Google form for Ms. Davenport's records and your refund will be automatically returned to the original payment source when regular testing dates are complete (no sooner than May 22)
What about my five points?
ALL AP grades should have the 5 points added for the 2019-20, whether the students register or sit for the online exam. Per the grading policy, "students can earn the additional weighting (additional points added to final grade) for AP, IB....without the requirement to sit for the culminating exams. This applies only to courses with exams given at the end of the Spring 2020 semester". This would include any AP courses taken in the fall with the exam given in May.
You will still get your five points for fall and spring AP courses even if you don't take the exam.
For the latest information on testing please visit the website below
The College Board will be posting subject-specific instructional lessons daily on YouTube that will be designed to cover the content that will be covered on each 45-minute AP exam. These videos will be delivered by AP teachers from across the country. They will be different each day and if students miss a live session, it will be available on-demand immediately following its conclusion. Please see the attached document with schedule and live links to those YouTube videos, which will begin on March 25th.
**Exams will be OPEN BOOK and OPEN NOTE, but the work must be your own.
**Exam will be 45 minutes long with 1 or 2 free response questions.
Testing will be AT HOME on a computer, laptop, smart phone. If you need access to a laptop and/or a WiFi hotspot, click this link to request what you need!
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for requesting these items if you need them.
Email Ms. Davenport at emily . davenport @ knoxschools . org if you need help!
DO NOT WAIT until the day of the test to request a device.
We will not be able to help you.
Exam Start Times: Local times may vary depending on a student's geographic location.
Eastern Time: 12:00 p.m.
Eastern Time: 2:00 p.m.
Eastern Time: 4:00 p.m.
Mon, May 11
Physics C: Mechanics
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
United States Government and Politics
Tues, May 12
Wed, May 13
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
English Literature and Composition
Thurs, May 14
Spanish Literature and Culture
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
Fri, May 15
United States History
Computer Science A
Mon, May 18
Chinese Language and Culture
Tues, May 19
Japanese Language and Culture
Italian Language and Culture
Wed, May 20
German Language and Culture
English Language and Composition
Thurs, May 21
French Language and Culture
World History: Modern
Fri, May 22
Comparative Government and Politics
Spanish Language and Culture