UPDATE 8/4/2020 DUAL ENROLLMENT
Update on 8/4/2020: It's not too late to register for Pelli classes but you're going to have to pay out of pocket if you haven't applied for the DE Grant (and then get reimbursed). Update continued below...
If you are planning to take a dual enrollment course at Pellissippi State, you should have already applied and logged into your myPellissippi account, and chosen a class (or classes) to take. It's not too late but see above.
IMPORTANT: Students have to confirm their attendance in their myPellissippi account by August 12th- this is before HVA starts! But, you might be in your account today and see that the dual enrollment grant has not been credited to your account. Keep checking every day thorough August 12th....
Remember that courses at Pellissippi are for the most part ONLINE. They meet either:
Asynchronous (meaning anytime, it's recorded- but you need to log in the first day of class!) -OR-
Synchronous (meaning they meet online at a certain time on certain days).
NOTE: A few math classes meet in a hybrid format (online and in person)- It is VERY important that if you choose one of these, the class meets at the Hardin Valley Pellissippi campus! Otherwise, you'll be heading all over town...
If you need help, contact the Pellissippi help desk- 694-6400 and have your Pnumber!
You may have outstanding bills- you may owe for an online book (usually statistics)- check your account.
DUAL ENROLLMENT GRANT:
You should already have applied for the DE grant from your TSAC account. Pellissippi is still processing these payments to your student account. If you have not applied for the TSAC DE grant, then you should apply now and be prepared to pay in full for the class (and you will then be reimbursed by Pellissippi).
Pellissippi Classss begin August 24, 2020.
For students who are attending HVA in person: On the first day of school August 17, we will have a dual enrollment information meeting in the library during your empty block. It is REQUIRED that you attend. If you plan to leave after, then you MUST bring a note from home (signed by a parent) granting permission for you to leave.
This meeting is REQUIRED. You will receive important information at this meeting.
For students attending HVA virtual school: You will receive a notice through your KCS email about how to access the information (most likely a video recording) with links in your canvas account.
Update on 4/17/2020:
We have received additional infromation from Mr. Spencer Joy, Pellissippi's Dual Enrollment Coordinator. This information addresses the lack of ACT testing and ACT scores for students. Please carefully read the documents that provide more information, which can be found under the RESOURCES tab.
Students who do not have an unweighted cumulative 3.6 GPA listed on their current transcripts will need to have qualifying ACT scores or entrance test scores before they can register for classes. In place of the ACT, students can take the Accuplacer as an entrance test. Accuplacer is an entrance test option used by Pellissippi as well as many other colleges throughout the United States. The test is free. Students are required to apply to Pellissippi before they can sign up to take the Accuplacer at Pellissippi. Once Pellissippi State reopens and resumes Accuplacer testing, students can sign up to take Accuplacer at any of the Pellissippi Campuses.
Therefore, the HVA counselors recommend you apply to Pellissippi State now so you can be ready to take the Accuplacer once Pellissippi State reopens.
Update from 4/7/2020:
Watch video of the information below here: https://youtu.be/y8Gfvb-qjI8
Updated info on Dual Enrollment: (this information was sent to students and parents through ASPEN email 4/7/2020):
If you are planning to take a Dual Enrollment class at Pellissippi State during the 2020-2021 school year, please read below and follow ALL instructions.
As you know, if you are a rising senior (class of 2021) required ACT scores are 18 English and 19 Reading to be eligible to take English 1010 or elective classes at Pelli. You need a 19 Math to be eligible to take a Math class. With the Junior ACT at HVA being cancelled we understand that this will be a roadblock for many of you. PSCC is looking at solutions; however, as of April 7, 2020 we do not have a definitive answer.
Even without the ACT there are things you can do at this time.
- You can apply to PSCC. Directions for how to complete the application are attached.
- You can apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant - this is how you get your grant (up to $500 per class for the first two classes) to offset the cost. You must apply for the 2020-2021 Grant again even if you took a Dual Enrollment class this year. Also, you are responsible for purchasing book(s) and materials. Link to the TSAC Dual Enrollment grant info can be found here: https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/money-for-college/tn-education-lottery-programs/dual-enrollment-grant.html
- If you have ACT Scores that are not already on your transcript - EX: you took the Feb. 2020 test - email a PDF of those scores to Spencer Joy at Pellissippi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you did not turn in your Immunization Waiver with your Dual Enrollment Intent form have your parents complete it on the PSCC website.
- Check email frequently (we suggest daily) for emails from your school counselor for more information.
If you took a Dual Enrollment class this year with ACT scores not PSAT scores you may go ahead and register for your Dual Enrollment class. Course selection opened April 6th, so if you are eligible to register we encourage you to do so.
- Once you register for your class YOU MUST email a PDF of your DETAILED SCHEDULE to your school counselor. If you skip this step we will not know you have enrolled and cannot complete your HVA schedule correctly.
- You can apply for the Dual Enrollment Grant - this is how you get your grant (up to offset the cost. You must apply for the 2020-2021 grant again even if you took a Dual Enrollment class this year. Also, you are responsible for purchasing book(s) and materials. Link to the TSAC Dual Enrollment grant info can be found here: https://www.tn.gov/collegepays/money-for-college/tn-education-lottery-programs/dual-enrollment-grant.html
If you have questions you can contact Spencer Joy at Pellisippi at email@example.com or email your school counselor.