ABOUT REAL TALK MENTORING PROGRAM
- The Real Talk Mentoring Program founded by Clarence Swearengen and Roger Chapman starting in 2008 with only 4 students.
- Presently, there are over 45 students participating in the program.
- The purpose of Real Talk is to encourage, enrich, and empower young men to be successful by keeping it real, realistic, and relational through sharing life experiences.
- I believe that young men need someone to reignite their ambition while increasing self-empowerment (we use the acronym RAISE for this idea).
- This will help our students gain the confidence they need to be successful in this society.
- Currently, Real Talk Mentoring Program serves Vine Middle Magnet School.
- Our goal is to add three more schools for the 2017-18 school year.
- We will extend our program to Greene Magnet School, Beaumont Magnet, and Sarah Moore Green.