Welcome to Adrian Burnett Elementary!
Knox County Schools Kindergarten Round-up; Enrollment
Kindergarten Round-Up for the 2017-18 school year is scheduled for Tuesday, April 11, 2017. At the Kindergarten Round-up, parents receive important enrollment information in preparation of the upcoming school year. The first two weeks of school will be a staggered schedule for Kindergarten students. Students will attend one day each week during the weeks of August the 7th and 14th and begin a full day schedule on Monday, August 21, 2017.
If you are not able to attend Kindergarten Roundup on April 11th, you can still enroll at ABES (or your zoned school, if not ABES).
You need the following documents to enroll:
* Proof of Birth - Proof of birth may take many forms. Examples include but are not limited to the following:
- Birth Certificate - issued by an government
- Passport issued by any nation (translated)
- Immigration documentation
- Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court
* Proof of up-to-date immunizations and of a health/physical examination, recorded on a Tennessee Child Health Record completed by a medical provider or a County Health Department. The form to be completed may be obtained from a medical provider or from the Health Department. The health/physical examination must have been completed within the past year. No student will be enrolled or allowed to attend school without a completed Tennessee School Immunization Certificate.
* Proof of Residence - Knox County Schools requires one of the following:
- Utility Bill
- Lease Agreement
- In cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and children are living at that address.
For the 2017-18 school year, KCS ELL teachers will work with parents and family members to schedule testing for students to determine official classification. ELL teachers will administer the ESL screener to students beginning the first week of school that teachers return in August.
Kindergarten Enrollment Age Requirements
**Children should be five by August 15 to enter school for the upcoming school year.**
If a child has a birth date after August 15, 2017, you can request an early entry. Let us know if you are considering this and check out the department page for more information on what is required.
If you are enrolling from outside Knox County or out of state, just provide us with the name and address of your student's previous school and we will request their records.
Need more information about registering a student in Knox County Schools? Click Here for the department page.