The following expectations for student dress have been established to promote a safe and optimum learning environment, in addition to the KCS Dress Code policy J-260.
- Plain black shirts (t-shirts, shirts, sweaters, or sweatshirts)
- No hoodies, coats, or other hooded garments
- Blue/black denim or khaki pants which are not gathered at the bottom
- No jeggings, leggings, or joggers
- No holes or rips above mid-thigh
- Pants must fit properly and must not sag below the waist
- No multiple layers of pants or shorts
- No boots, flip flops, or slides
- Belts must have no studs or large buckles
- No jewelry (necklaces, rings, bracelets)
- No head apparel
Apparel or appearance, which tends to draw attention to an individual rather than to a learning situation, must be avoided. In matters of opinion, the judgement of the principal/designee shall prevail.