Richard Yoakley Communication
Communication through PARENTSQUARE
District and School Communication with Families
Knox County Schools is now using ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. Invitations to join ParentSquare will be sent via email and text message on July 5. Please click the link in the invitation to activate your account. It takes less than a minute.
You can use ParentSquare on any device. You can download the free mobile app for iOS or Android or use the desktop version at parentsquare.com.
Our goal is for every family to join ParentSquare and engage with our school community. We encourage parents to activate their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare:
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once with a daily digest at 6pm
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage with your school community
- Direct message teachers, staff, and other parents
- Participate in group messages
- Sign up for parent-teacher conferences
- Send sign forms & permission slips, sign up to volunteer and more, all from your desktop or mobile device
We promise to only send you information related to school. You can opt-out at any time. See this document for more information about opting-out of our communications.
Communication through Email and Google Voice
Teachers at Richard Yoakley are dedicated to supporting students and communicating with families. If you need to communicate with the administration or instructional staff, please refer to the staff communication chart below. Teachers can be messaged through ParentSquare as well.