VisitorsAll visitors must sign-in at the front office upon arrival to the building.
Tardies and Late Arrivals
Students are expected to arrive on time for school and in dress code. Tardiness will result in a failure to earn behavioral points. Students with excessive tardiness could suffer disciplinary actions. A parent conference may be necessary. Students who arrive past 9:30 a.m. must sign in at the office.
Unexcused= Lunch Restriction
3 Unexcused = All Day Restriction
4 Unexcused = Drop in Color Level
If it is necessary for a student to leave school early, a written note granting permission from the parent must be sent to the classroom teacher. Parents must sign children out in the office. Under no circumstance can a student under 18 sign him/herself out of school. If someone other than the parent is to sign the student out, the note or a telephone call must provide verification. Students must attend school for three (3) hours and fifteen (15) minutes in order to be counted present on the daily roll. However, they will still be counted absent in the class which they miss. Any student, who checks out of school too early to be counted present, must bring the absence form with proper verification for the absence to be excused.
State law requires that children age 7 to 18 be enrolled in school. Regular attendance is important for school success. If a student is absent, the parent must call the school (594-3790) before 9:30 a.m. The student should bring a note to the classroom teacher on the first day returning to school explaining the absences. Failure to provide a note will result in the absence being marked “unexcused”. Only 5 parent notes will be accepted each semester. Any note after that must have proper verification from an official or other source to justify an excused absence.
An excused absence is considered:
- personal illness
- illness in the family requiring temporary help from the student
- death in the family
- religious holiday
- an advanced parental request approved by the principal.
Excessive absences will be considered as truancy. Knox County School Board policies will be followed. The school social worker will be notified and appropriate action will be taken. Parents are responsible for their students’ attendance at school.
4 Unexcused Absences will result in Color Level Drop.
- Notify the school office at 594-3790 when a child is out of school for any reason.
- Ensure students are present and on time each day.
- Keep students home who have a fever, vomiting, or are otherwise sick.
- Personally notify the school office of any change in telephone or address.
- Pick up the child when called by the school to do so.
- Parents must personally bring any prescription medication needed for the child. Students may not bring any medication to school.
- Set up appointments when you want to discuss any concerns with the Principal, School Counselor or Teacher.
- Make sure students have what they need for school that day.
· Parent’s responsible for signing daily point sheet.