VisitorsAll visitors must sign-in at the front office upon arrival in the building.
Tardies and Late Arrivals
Students are expected to arrive on time for school and in dress code. Students who arrive past 9:30 a.m. must sign in at the office.
Parents must sign children out in the office. Under no circumstances can a student under 18 sign themselves out of school. If someone other than the parent is to sign the student out, a note or a telephone call must provide verification. Students must be present at least fifty percent (50%) of the scheduled school day in order to be counted present. However, they will still be counted absent in the class which they miss. Any student who checks out of school too early to be counted present must bring the absence form with proper verification for the absence to be excused.
State law requires that children aged 7 to 18 be enrolled in school. Regular attendance is important for school success. The student should bring any excuses/ notes to the front office within five (5) days of returning to school. Failure to provide a note will result in the absence being marked "unexcused." Only 5 parent notes will be accepted each semester. Any note after that must have proper verification from an official or other source to justify an excused absence.
An excused absence is considered:
- Personal illness
- Illness of immediate family member
- Death in the family
- Extreme weather conditions
- Religious observances
- College visits
- School sponsored or school endorsed activities
- Military active duty/deployment
- Summons, subpoena, or court order
- Circumstances which, in the judgment of the school leader, create emergencies over which the student has no control.
Excessive absences will be considered truancy. Knox County School Board policies (e.g., KCS policy J-120) will be followed. The school social worker will be notified, and appropriate action will be taken. Parents are responsible for their students’ attendance at school.
- Notify the school office at 865-594-3790 when a child is out of school for any reason.
- Ensure students are present and on time each day.
- Keep students home who have a fever, vomiting, or are otherwise sick.
- Personally notify the school office of any change in telephone or address.
- Pick up the child when called by the school to do so.
- Parents must personally bring any prescription medication needed for the child. Students may not bring any medication to school.
- Set up appointments to discuss any concerns with the principal, school counselor, or teacher.