Welcome to the Library
______________________________________________________The Sequoyah Elementary Library serves 500 students on a weekly basis. We provide access to a variety of robotics and STEM activities as well as a focus on quality literature and research skills. We proudly circulate over one thousand books a week and have a wonderful parent volunteer presence.
Circulation Policy________________________________________________Kindergarten students may check out one book per visit. First through Fourth Grades may check out two books per visit. Fifth grade may check out three books per visit. We do not charge fines for overdue books, but damaged and lost books must be paid for by the end of the year.
LIBRARY MEDIA SPECIALIST942 SOUTHGATE RD
KNOXVILLE, TN 37919
865-594-1360SEQUOYAH LIBRARY HOURS7:45 A.M.-3:00 P.M.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.