Welcome from the Sequoyah Elementary Foundation
On behalf of the Sequoyah Elementary Foundation (“SEF”), welcome to the 2018/2019 school year! I am honored to lead a team of 100% volunteers as we work towards financially supporting a complete academic environment at Sequoyah Elementary School. SEF’s primary goal is to aid all children with academic achievement and excellence. SEF achieves this mission through the generosity of families, businesses and individuals in the area.
This year, SEF hopes to achieve 100% participation by the stakeholders within our school community. Parents, teachers, family, grandparents, friends, neighbors, and area businesses are strongly encouraged to participate.
Here are a few ideas to consider:
1) Attend our annual Benefit Auction fundraiser (Spring 2019)
2) Sponsor SEF as a Society-Level business partner (great advertising opportunities)
3) Donate an auction item to our annual fundraiser
4) Volunteer your time or talent to the organization
5) Donate $$$ online (no matter the amount—every little bit counts!)
6) Buy a brick that lines the school's front walkway and gardens
7) Send your feedback (let us know how we are doing in educating you on the needs of the foundation and how we are communicating with our SES stakeholders)
Your participation makes a difference. Over the past decade we have raised over $1 million dollars to invest in our children’s future! This year, SEF will continue to provide personnel for reading enrichment, teaching assistants, technology instruction and both a science and math lab! In addition funds have been allocated toward professional development opportunities for SES teachers and the continued support of technology needs through our computer replacement program to complement historical technology investments.
Thank you to the teachers, faculty, and staff, who dedicate their professional lives towards enriching our students. Thank you to the students—our children—who make us so proud each and everyday for being who they are and giving their best effort. And a special thank you to each and every one of you who has contributed to SEF in some form or fashion (previous board members, parents who have responded to our message, and neighbors and area businesses who have donated to SEF over the years). Your gift of time, talent and/or money has resulted in some of the finest elementary school pupils in not only Tennessee, but the entire World.
If you have any questions about SEF or how you can get involved with SEF please do not hesitate to contact us.
Thanks for your support,