Knox County Public Library LitUp Festival
Save the Date!
Are you interested in Literature, Imagination, or Technology? Check out the LitUp Festival sponsored by the Knox County Public Library on October 13, 2019, in downtown Knoxville! More details are available by clicking the image.
Are you a teen who would like to help plan the festival?
Please join the advisory board by signing up!
Lauren Février, Librarian865-579-2108 x2261
Weekly Library VisitsThe library is on the school's 4-Day rotation. Books may be checked each library visit as long as there are no overdue books. Students may renew a book 2 times if needed. Library lessons will correlate with the school curriculum and focus on literature and about books, authors, illustrators and basic library skills. In addition, basic computer skills and robotics will be introduced and students will work on various projects throughout the school year.Library is open 8:00 am - 2:35pm Daily
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
We believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners
- Cultivate a spirit of inquiry
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner
- Provide equitable information access to all learners
- Teach learners
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes
- To evaluate and discern among information sources
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development