Device Deployment 2018-2019
*Page Updated on August 8, 2018*
Welcome to the Device Deployment Information page. If you have any questions about Dawg Days or the MacBook Deployment process, please contact Cara Vaughn, Bearden High School's TPaCK Coach, at email@example.com. Returning students and parents, please follow the steps below to prepare to receive a Macbook in August.
Step 1: Read the Device Deployment Information Letter. Click HERE.
Step 2: Watch the MacBook Orientation presentation via YouTube here. If you are unable to view the video, click HERE to view the PowerPoint Presentation.
Step 3: Read the Device Procedures and Expectations Document (Appendix A). Click HERE.
Step 4: Complete the following paperwork:
- Technology Agreement
- Student Media Release
- Student Medical Profile
Reminder: In order to receive a device the following must be completed:
- Watch the video above or click through the PowerPoint (see step 2).
- Complete the technology agreement (linked above) with a student AND parent signature.
- Pay all tech fines prior to Dawg Day
One more reminder, returning 10th-12th graders, DID NOT turn in their chargers when devices were collected in May. If a student did not have a charger on the day of collection or their charger was damaged, they have received an invoice of $25 for the missing/damaged charger.
Students who do not have a device will fall into one of the three categories below:
- 9th grade students will receive their devices during the school day if they have a signed technology agreement.
- New students to Bearden (10-12th grade)- If a "new" student has not turned in their tech agreement, then they need to have it in their hands when they come down to pick up their device.
- Returning 10-12 grade students who DID NOT receive a device because they were unable to attend Dawg Day will be called down to pick up their computers. Even returning students MUST HAVE a completed technology agreement and tech fines paid in order to receive their device.