Welcome to the Karns High School Counseling Office
Professional school counselors are certified/licensed professionals with a master's degree or higher in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the developmental needs of all students. Professional school counselors deliver a comprehensive school counseling program encouraging all students' academic, career and personal/social development and help all students in maximizing student achievement.
How and why do parents contact the School Counselor?
- Concerns over student achievement
- Family health problems
- New school orientation and registration
- Test Interpretation
- Discussing special needs of their child
- Early discussion of potential crises
- Family difficulties or concerns
Counselors are available by appointment to conference with parents. Counselors are also available by phone or email. Contact your student's counselor to schedule a parent/teacher conference if needed.
How does a student see a School Counselor?
- Stop by and make an appointment
- Request of a counselor
- Parent referral
- Administrative referral
- Teacher or other staff referral
- Referral by friend(s)
Knox County Schools School Counselors Believe
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.
Follow us on Instagram (Karns High Counseling) and "Friend Us" on Facebook (Karns Counseling) to keep up with all of the latest college planning, testing, and scheduling information from the KHS Counseling Office.