National Honor Society creates enthusiasm for scholarship, drives students to serve their communities, fosters leadership in students, and encourages character in its members. Membership is bestowed upon deserving students by the faculty and shall be based on the criteria of Scholarship, Service, Leadership, and Character.
Membership in National Honor Society is by invitation only. The criteria for eligibility are as follows:
1. Candidates eligible for selection to this chapter must have completed five semesters of course work. Only juniors are eligible for induction.
2. To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been enrolled for a period equivalent to one semester at Halls High School.
3. Candidates eligible for election to the chapter shall have a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. The GPA can not be rounded up for a candidate to be qualified. The 3.5 GPA has to be earned by the end of the fall semester of the junior year.
4. Students must have earned all of their credits at CP level and above. Course work must include at least one Advanced Placement or an academic Dual Enrollment course.
5. Upon meeting the grade level, enrollment, course work, and GPA standards, candidates shall then be considered based on their service, leadership, and character.