Student and Family Communication
Educators at Richard Yoakley School strive to create a positive school culture and environment for students daily.
The Kickboard App will be used to communicate academic success, positive interactions, behavioral trends, and other daily activities with students and families.
Kickboard Software Features to Ensure Success
- Teacher App: With just a tap on our website or mobile app, track and reinforce the behaviors that make up your ideal school culture in real-time - from positive traits like 'supportive' and 'on task' to behaviors like 'participation' and 'disruption'
- Intervention Plans: Our intervention plan feature supports Tier 2 & Tier 3 students with individual behavior plans. Staff can monitor the effectiveness of interventions and progress toward behavior goals right on Kickboard.
- Parent & Student App: Kickboard’s Family Portal shows a detailed view of each students’ daily activity that can be viewed in real-time online or on our iOS and Android apps.
- Data Analysis: Kickboard analysis tools provide teacher-, group-, and student-level data for analysis and reflection during culture data meetings or PLCs. Users can see behavior patterns over time and securely track data over multiple years.
- Positivity Ratio: Kickboard’s Family Portal shows a detailed view of each students’ daily activity that can be viewed in real-time.
- Text Notifications: Whether for celebration (Fun Friday!) or concern (a student walked out of class), Kickboard automatically adds students to customized rosters based on what’s teachers track on Kickboard. Within seconds, an administrator can receive a text message and immediately act. No need to communicate urgencies over the radio anymore!
Kickboard App Activation
In order to create a Family Portal account, you will need the student's access code—which you should get in a letter from the school—and the student's birthday. Once you have this information, the application will guide you through activation steps.
Note: Anyone who receives an access code for a student can create an account for themselves using a unique email address. That means parents/guardians and the student will go through the same process (outlined below) to create an account. They use the same access code but enter their own email addresses and set their own passwords. Students and families can download the Kickboard app from the Google Play Apple or Amazon app store.
The video below is a short introductory overview for users who are new to Kickboard. KICKBOARD INTRODUCTORY VIDEO
Kickboard family Portal Support