Scholarship & Financial Aid Information & Search Tools
- Academic Common Market If your major is not offered in your home state, you can apply for in-state tuition rates at an out-of-state institution.
American Education Guidance Center Comprehensive list of more than 50 online search sites.
College Reality Check Compare colleges for estimated net cost, debt repayment, and graduation rates.
- FastWeb! Scholarship search.
- FAFSA- Online application for federal financial aid and access to links with information re: financial aid. Everyone must complete the FAFSA. Applications are open on October 1, 2019.
- FAFSA4caster A tool for determining eligibility for federal aid and for understanding options for paying for college.
- Federal Trade Commission Scholarship Scams Helps determine the legitimacy of scholarship opportunities
- Financial Aid Toolkit View resource presentations on college planning and the FAFSA
- Hope Scholarship Information about HOPE scholarship qualifications
- Student Financial Assistance Programs Sponsored by the Dept. of Education, providing general information about financial aid programs
- StudentScholarships.org Comprehensive scholarship search and career information
- Student Scholarship Search Scholarship search and financial aid information
- Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation TSAC is the umbrella organization that oversees progams funded by the TN Education Lottery and other state funds
- TN Promise Two free years of community college. Deadline to apply is November 1, 2019. STEM students will pick up their books in the STEM space on October 4, 2019. MANDATORY meeting at 8:00am on , 2020. Reminder: After registering for the TN Promise scholarship, you can begin accumulating the required volunteeer hours. Details at www.tnachieves.org
- Tuition Funding Source (TFS) Uses social media to help students apply for scholarships
- College Match Maker Centralized list by school name, award amount, other determining factors
- TN Education Lottery Scholarship Program Under the TSAC umbrella, with specific information on education lottery and dual enrollment grants
There are a variety of mistakes students make consistently when applying for scholarships.