Our MissionThe mission of the Knox County School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages the highest level of student achievement and excellence through their growth in academic, career and personal/social domains. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents and a caring community, the school counselors will help every student to be a successful lifelong learner and problem solver.
Our VisionKnox County students are high-achieving learners who graduate college and career ready, well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community. As successful life-long learners and productive citizens, each of our students achieves excellence, making a positive difference in our schools and community.
Connecting School, Family, and CommunityProfessional school counselors are vital members of the education team. They help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development, ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow. Collaborating with administrators, teachers, parents and other community members to promote student achievement, professional school counselors address the needs of students through prevention and intervention programs that are a part of the comprehensive school counseling program.
Professional school counselors have a master's degree or higher in school counseling, meet the state certification/licensure standards and uphold ethical and professional standards of the American School Counseling Association.
School Counselors in Knox County believe:
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success
- Student developmental needs are best met by implementing a comprehensive school counseling program
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student
FMS School CounselorsBrooke Partin, 6th Gradebrooke.email@example.com(865) 966-9756Linda Treadwell, 7th Gradelinda.firstname.lastname@example.org(865) 966-9756Katherine Cormack, 8th Gradekatherine.email@example.com(865) 966-9756