Welcome to Gibbs Elementary Library
Debby Jo Buschermohle, Library Media SpecialistPhone: 689-1497Book Fair Coming Soon!Gibbs will be hosting our annual Book Fair, February 13-Feb. 21, 2018. Our Book Fair Family Night will be held on Tuesday, February 13, from 5:00-8:00 p.m. We would love to see you there!Please note that online ordering is not available for the Book Fair.About the Library Media Center
The Gibbs Elementary School Library Media Center serves our school and staff with access to print and digital materials.Online CatalogClick on the bookworm to access theGibbs Elementary School Online CatalogCheckout Policy
Students in grades K through 2 may check out 1 book.Students in grades 3 through 5 may check out 2 books.Students may check out books for 2 weeks (1 rotation cycle).If a student loses or damages a book beyond repair, the student is expected to pay for the book.Databases and ResourcesThese databases and resources help students with research, typing practice, and reading.Ebooks:Databases:Other Resources:Series and Sequels
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.