Welcome to Gibbs Elementary Library
Tommie Branscum, Library Media SpecialistPhone: 865- 689-1497About the Library Media Center
The Gibbs Elementary School Library Media Center serves our students and staff with access to print and digital materials. The library is open daily from 7:45 a.m.-2:40 p.m.Library Online CatalogClick on the bookworm to access theGibbs Elementary School Online Catalog to see a list of books owned by the school.Checkout Policy
Students in grades K through 2 may check out 1 book.Students in grades 3 through 5 may check out 2 books.Students may check out books for 2 weeks (1 rotation cycle).If a student loses or damages a book beyond repair, the student is expected to pay for the book.Databases and ResourcesThese databases and resources help students with research, typing practice, and reading. Some of these tools require a password for use. Your student should bring home a password sheet at some point this year. You may also feel free to email the librarian for an electronic version of the password sheet.Commonly used online sources from our school, our district, and our state:Electronic books about Electronic books about. Database articles for Database articles forscience and social studies. many subjects. 3rd-5th grade research. K-2nd grade research.Database articles Database articles Database articles Reading practice toolfor 2nd-5th grades. for K & 1st grades. for 3rd-5th grades. used in class.Database articles and Free tools from the Timelines from history. Research information in Spanish.ebooks. state of Tennessee.Other Useful External Resources: Resources for Teachers:History information for elementary Typing practice game. Video clips for teachers to show students.students.
A tool to learn about book Information about books and authors.
titles in a series.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.