GHS Library Policies & Mission Statement
- We suggest that books be checked out for a maximum of 2 weeks. They can be renewed only if there is not another patron waiting for it.
- While there are no fines for late materials, if you lose a library material you will be charged the list price of the book in order for us to order a replacement copy.
- No food or drinks around the computers! Only water is allowed at the library tables. If you have a drink or food when you come in, you may leave it at the library desk and pick it up when you leave.
- Cell phones may be used RESPECTFULLY before/after school and at lunch. Please have it on silence and be respectful of those around you. If you are in the library with a class it is up to YOUR TEACHER if you may use your phone.
- If you come to the library during a class period you MUST have a pass from your teacher to be in the library. If there is a class in the library you may not be able to stay.
- You must be working on school related items on the computers in the GHS library.
- Do not plug in your phones or ipods, etc. into the library computers to charge.
- Do not attempt to bypass the filtering system or look at inappropriate materials on GHS computers.
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.