• An exemplary school provides a safe, child-centered environment with an emphasis on academic achievement and social skills.
• A quality instructional program promotes intellectual, physical, social, and emotional growth.
• An effective faculty establishes high expectations for all students and works as a team toward shared goals.
• An effective faculty consistently implements policies and procedures for achieving school and district goals for student learning.
• An effective teacher uses research-based instructional strategies to provide opportunities for all students to learn.
• An effective teacher uses multiple assessments to evaluate learning.
• A successful student is motivated and accomplishes assigned tasks.
• A successful student is able to relate knowledge to everyday life.
• Bearden Elementary School will provide a setting of educational excellence to prepare all students to become lifelong learners and develop qualities of strong character.
• The staff, students, and parents of Bearden Elementary School will maintain ongoing communication and make decisions to ensure the highest quality education for all students.