Mission, Vision and Beliefs
The mission of the Knox County Schools Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages the highest level of student achievement and excellence through their growth in academic, career and personal/social domains. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents and a caring community, the school counselors will strive to help every student to be a successful lifelong learner and problem solver.
Knox County students are high-achieving learners who graduate college and career ready, well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community. As successful life-long learners and productive citizens, each of our students achieves excellence, making a positive difference in our schools and community.
- Education is a responsibility shared by students, parents, staff, and community and is based on an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- Every student has the potential for learning and meeting high academic standards.
- Consideration is given to the individual needs of every student.
- A comprehensive school counseling program should be provided for every student.
- This program should be developmental in nature and include curriculum, planning, responsive services, and system support.