It is the mission of the Blue Grass Elementary School Counseling program to aid in the development of all students’ social/emotional and academic skills, and career knowledge and awareness through preventative, responsive, and equitable support while promoting a positive school climate and a safe and nurturing learning environment.
Every student will acquire the academic, social/emotional, and career skills to become successful citizens who are able to work together. The comprehensive, developmental school counseling program will work with other stakeholders to establish continuity in supporting this vision.
The School Counselor Beliefs:
1. I believe that all children can learn and achieve beyond proficiency in a supportive and nurturing environment.
2. I believe that stakeholders (staff, parents, and community members) must model teamwork and work together to establish a respectful school culture.
3. I believe the school counseling program should support the academic, career, and social/emotional development of all students.
4. I believe the school counselor should follow the ASCA Code of Ethics.
5. I believe the school counselor should continue to learn and grow by participating in professional development activities.