Farragut Middle School Library
Welcome to the FMS Library! We think that we have a great library here at FMS, and our students are the biggest reason for this. Of course, we also have great books, new computers, and friendly librarians who enjoy working with middle-schoolers. It is our hope that all FMS students feel comfortable in and enjoy coming to the library, so come by and see us - and check out a good book while you are here!General Rules
- The library is open 8:00-3:30 Monday -Friday.
- Students need a hall pass when visiting without their class.
- No cell phone use is permitted in the FMS library.
- Please enjoy all food and drink (including gum) outside of the library.
- Students may check out two books at a time, for two weeks at a time.
- Reference books and magazines do not circulate.
- There are no fines for overdue books, but students who have overdue items may not check out more books until all overdue items are returned.
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists Mission Statement
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
We believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners
- Cultivate a spirit of inquiry
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner
- Provide equitable information access to all learners
- Teach learners
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes
- To evaluate and discern among information sources
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development
Library Hours8:00 AM -3:30 PM M-FLibrary StaffMica JohnsonSchool Librarianmica.email@example.comBrittany WitteSchool Librarianbrittany.firstname.lastname@example.org