The mission of the Knox County School Counseling Program is to provide every student with a comprehensive school counseling program centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages growth in academic, career and personal/social domains.
Knox County students are high-achieving learners who are well prepared to meet the challenges and high expectations of the 21st century. All students have the opportunity to participate in rigorous curriculum and high-quality opportunities for self-directed personal growth supported by a comprehensive school counseling program that facilitates strategic partnerships between the school, family and community.
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data must be analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development of the comprehensive counseling program promoting student achievement.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in college and career success.
- School counselors must be leaders, advocates and collaborators who create equitable access to rigorous curriculum and opportunities for self-directed personal growth for every student.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.