Where Students Come First!
Christenberry's Mission Statement
The mission of Christenberry Elementary School is to ensure that students acquire academic, social, and life skills necessary to become productive citizens and life-long learners through a safe, nurturing and interactive learning environment.
Christenberry's vision is to produce successful citizens with the necessary skills to work together. School staff, parents, and community members will work and learn together to establish continuity among stakeholders addressing the academic, social, and emotional needs of individual students.
We believe that:
- all children can learn and will achieve proficiency and beyond.
- school staff and students deserve a safe, secure, trusting environment.
- teaching responsibility allows students to take ownership of their education.
- positive role models in a high-performing learning culture instill pride and self-esteem.
- research-based best practices and data guide instruction and assessment consistent with state and local curricula.
- teachers, administrators, parents, students, and the community share in educational responsibilities, and policies and procedures are guided by Knox County Board Policy and Tennessee state laws
- communication is crucial and we ensure that students acquire academic, social, and life skills necessary to become productive citizens and life-long learners.