Comprehensive School Counseling Program
Holston school counselors follow the TN State BOE School Counseling Model and Standards Policy. Knox County has assisted counselors with the pacing of these standards, so they are consistent throughout the district. Click here to view the TN Counseling Standards and Policy.
Holston Middle School prepares students to be independent thinkers, self-motivators, and community leaders as a result of a data driven and proactive school counseling program. This program is focused on the whole student and continues to grow to meet the ever changing needs of a diverse student body while challenging students to meet their fullest potential.
Holston Middle School’s counseling program strives to work collaboratively with administrators, teachers, parents, and the community to meet the individualized academic, emotional, and social needs of each student. Our goal is to instill a desire for learning within an atmosphere that respects all cultures, values, and perspectives. We believe that through this goal, we have the ability to help each student achieve the highest level of excellence.
- All students can achieve and meet high standards that will result in postsecondary success.
- Through individual counseling, small group interventions, classroom lessons, and collaboration with stakeholders, the program provides support for each student’s specific needs.
- School counselors are leaders and advocates who strive to create equal opportunities for every student to succeed.
- Student achievement is maximized by participation in a comprehensive school counseling program that is planned, managed, delivered and evaluated by licensed professional school counselors.
- Data is analyzed and translated into goals that guide the development, evaluation, and improvement of the comprehensive school counseling program.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for school counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every student.