Patrons of the Halls Elementary School Library will:
• Treat all books and library materials with respect.
• Treat library staff and volunteers with respect in order to receive respect in return.
• Use walking feet in the library.
• Talk at a normal level or level requested by Ms. Stephenson or library staff:
• Follow the first request from Ms. Stephenson or library staff.
• Explore, discover and share information.
• Have fun!
Checking Out Books:
Students visit the library twice every three weeks as part of the Encore rotation schedule. Books are usually checked out for one week, but may be renewed as often as needed. Students may check out books during their library instruction time as well as during Open Access library times (Monday-Friday 7:30-8:00 AM). Students do not have to wait until their library encore day to check out a book. Students in Kindergarten and First Grade may check out one book at a time. Students in Second through Fifth grades may check out two books at a time.
What To Do About Overdue Books:
The Library Staff at Halls Elementary wants to encourage students to be responsible and return library books when they are due. However, we all forget sometimes! If you have a book that is overdue, bring it back to the library as soon as possible. Our library does not charge fines for overdue books.
If your child has a library book that has been missing for over 5 weeks, please contact the library so you may sign a 'missing book' note so your child can still check out books. Parents are financially responsible for library books that are lost or damaged by their children. Halls Elementary Library collects the fees for lost and/or damaged library books near the end of the school year.