It's great to be a South Doyle Cherokee!
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
We believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners
- Cultivate a spirit of inquiry
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner
- Provide equitable information access to all learners
- Teach learners
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes
- To evaluate and discern among information sources
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development
You should not have to, but if you ever need to sign in to these databases, here is the info you will need.TN or Gale Resources: password is 'elvis'S. Doyle or Knox Co Resources: password is 'govols'