News and Announcements
AR at Home
During the school closure, Accelerated Reader is now available from home! You can use AR Book Finder to see if a book you have at home or that you've read digitally through Big Universe or KCPL is also an AR book. If you need help with your username or password, please use this form to request more information.
Library Media Specialist
Sarah RysewykLibrary Media Specialist5316 Shannondale Rd.Knoxville, TN firstname.lastname@example.orgWhile school is out, the best way to get in touch with me is by email. I'll check and respond as soon as possible, but I will also be working from home every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon from 1-2 pm.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.