News and Announcements
Don't forget that students will still have access to our online library resources over the summer! Students can read ebooks or listen to audiobooks on Big Universe or MackinVIA. Students can also check out all of the amazing resources at Knox County Public Library with their new library cards!
I can't wait to hear about all the fabulous books you've read when we come back to school in August!
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.