Andrew Johnson Building 4th Floor
Knox County Board of Education policy states that “students shall conduct themselves on the bus in a manner consistent with the established standards for safety and classroom behavior” (JCBD). More specifically, students must follow the official Knox County bus rules.
These rules are posted in a prominent place at the front of the bus.
- Obey the bus driver.
- Follow bus driver's first request.
- Driver is authorized to assign seats.
- No loud, rude, abusive, or profane language.
- No eating or drinking allowed.
- Keep the bus clean.
- Keep hands and head inside the bus.
- Never throw objects inside or out of the bus windows.
- Possession and/or use of tobacco, alcohol or drugs are prohibited in any form.
- Parents will be financially responsible for any act of vandalism.
The principal of the student transported shall be informed by the bus driver of any serious dis- cipline problem and may be called upon to assist if necessary. A student may be denied the privilege of riding the bus if the principal determines that his behavior is such as to cause disruption on the bus, or if he disobeys state or local rules and regulations pertaining to student transportation (JCBD).