School Daily Announcements
- May 15 - Senior Exam makeups
- May 17 - Baccalaureate Service @ Clear Springs Baptist Church - 7:00 p.m.
- May 18 - Graduation Practice - 8:00 a.m. Thompson-Boling Arena
- May 18 - Underclass Exam - Enrichment
- May 19 - Graduation - 8:00 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena
- May 19 - Underclass Exams - 1st and 2nd block classes (8:30-12)
- May 22 - Underclass Exams - 3rd and 4th block classes (8:30-12)
- May 23 - Last Day for Students (1/2 day)
Graduation Fee of $25 (payable to Gibbs High School) is due to Mr. Hensley in Room 108 by May 12.
Congrats to our Class of 2017 Top 5 Academic Award Winners!
Valedictorian - Cailey Griffin
Salutatorian - Blake Merritt
Charly Ann Medley
Anyone practicing, trying out, or playing a sport at Gibbs High School must have a completed pre-participation packet on file in the main office. All physicals on file must be dated after April 15, 2017 for students to be eligible to participate in the 2017-18 school year.
New Course Offered at GHS
Are you interested in putting your social media skills to work? Are you savvy at any of the following:
-creating picture collages/Photoshop
-writing advertisements/promoting school events
-working with audio/video equipment
COACH TURNER NEEDS STUDENTS WITH CREATIVE MINDS INTERESTED IN CUTTING EDGE TECHNOLOGY!
NO BOOKS! ALL DIGITAL/PROJECT BASED LEARNING!
Please sign up with Coach Turner in the gym to sign up for this new Enrichment class (Advanced Journalism) for the 2017-18 school year. Limited space available.
Anyone interested in running Cross Country this fall, needs to see Coach Swift this week.
Any girl interested in trying out for basketball next year needs to see Coach Bray in his room (208) to pick up important information.
Boys and Girls Golf
Anyone interested in playing golf needs see Mrs. Bledsoe in Room 227 for more information.
Congrats to our Students of the Month!
Congrats to our Wrestling Team!
TSSAA Wrestling State Championship
Cailey Griffin - 1ST PLACE
Hunter Fortner - 1ST PLACE
Kimberly Garcia - 4TH PLACE
Congrats to our Baseball and Softball Teams!
Regional Tournament play begins Monday, May 15th.
The Eagles will play at Maryville at 6:30 and the Lady Eagles will host Maryville at 6:00.
Congrats to the following students for perfect attendance!
Mason Miller 9th grade
Nitika Boonyasophat 11th grade
Chloe Johnson 11th grade
David Feier 12th grade
Pilot/Flying J Tutoring Center Schedule
TUESDAY: Math tutoring from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. & 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
THURSDAY: Math & Biology from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
THURSDAY: Math & Chemistry from 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
TN Promise and FAFSA
go to our website under the "School Counseling" tab to learn more
about Tennessee Promise and the FAFSA.
Our goal is to have 100% of our Seniors apply for the Tennessee Promise.
Please do not forget to purchase your GHS Foundation Bricks. Order forms are on our website and attached below. Please share these with alumni and businesses that may want to support GHS. Click here for the order form.
Parents - please consider joining our wonderful PTA. See the main office for more details.
Get Connected: Follow us on Twitter @Gibbsprincipal
Facebook: Gibbs High School Eagles
Student parking applications are
available in the office and in the cafeteria during breakfast and lunch. To
park on campus, all students must bring in the completed application, $45, copy
of driver license, and copy of the insurance card. All vehicles must have
2016-17 parking tag.
TEACHER OF THE MONTH
Congrats to Ms. Leigha McCall, our April teacher of the month!
Congrats to Mrs. Robin Davis, our March teacher of the month!
TEACHERS OF THE YEAR
Congrats to our teachers of the year!
- SGA - Meeting every other Wednesday morning and afternoon in Mrs. Mitchell's room in the CTE building.
- Scholar's Bowl - Meeting every Thursday after school in Mr. Hensley's room.
- Y.A.F.E. Club - See Mrs. Tarver or Mrs. Green for more information.
- Math Club - Meeting in Mrs. Bakaletz's room (123) after school on 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Literary Club - Meetings bi-monthly in Mrs. Green's room on Tuesdays.
- French Club - Meeting bi-monthly on Mondays after school from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Art Club - Meetings on Thursdays from 3:45 to 4:45p.m. in Mr. Pignataro's room.
- Teens for Christ - Meeting on Thursdays from 8:00-8:20a.m. in Room 119.
- Project Unify (Special Olympic Unified Sports Club) Meetings every Thursday 8:00-8:20 a.m. in big gym.
- Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica - If you plan on volunteering at HoLa Fest, make sure you sign up online.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Students - Meetings on Fridays at 8:00a.m.
- Drama Club - Meeting Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. in room 204.
- Japanese Culture Club - Wednesday in Mr. Hensley's room.
- Game Club - Meeting in Mr. Howard's room every Monday and Thursday after school until 4:30 p.m.
- FCCLA - Meeting in Mrs. Young's room (125 ) on Tuesdays. Check your remind messages.
- HOSA - Meeting 2nd and 4th Thursday morning of every month in Mrs. German's room in CTE building.
- DECA - Meetings in room 521 in CTE building. See Mrs. Kepper for more details.
- Fishing Club - Meeting 1st Tuesday of every month in room 305 at 6:30 p.m.