Welcome to the Mt. Olive Library!
- Book check out will begin the week of August 14th.
- Library is on the Essentials 4 day rotation during mornings.
- Open access will be in the afternoons.
- Grades 2-5 will self-check out with library cards.
Book Suggestion? Make it here.
Read a good book you think the library should own? Tell me about it here.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.