The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.The Hardin Valley Middle School library is home to over 10,000 new books! We are so excited to meet our new students and get the school year started!The library is open to students Monday - Friday 8:00 - 3:45. Students come to the library with classes or individually with a library pass. Students must sign in upon arrival to the library.
- Students may have up to two books checked out at a time. Books are due three weeks from the date of checkout.
- The student must pay for any lost or damaged library books and for any overdue fines. Fines for overdue books are assessed at a rate of 5 cents per day after a three-day grace period, with a maximum overdue fine of $2.00 per book.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.