Don't forget you can SHOP ONLINE! Click the "Scholastic Book Fairs" button below to shop online. This year you will be shopping from the Scholastic Warehouse, (more options!) and materials will be shipped directly to your home. (Online Shopping will be from October 16th- October 29th)
Welcome to Gibbs Middle LMC (Library Media Center)
Librarian: Beth Petersen
Library Hours: 8:00-3:30
Knox County Schools Library Services Mission Statement:
The Library Media Specialist works collaboratively with students, teachers, administrators, and the larger community to meet the personal and academic needs of each learner as they strive to make sense of the world.
KCS Librarian/Media Specialist Beliefs:
We Believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.
Basic Operating Procedures:
The library is open to students Monday - Friday 8:10 - 3:45. Students can come with a library pass between 8:10-3:30, and can drop off materials (no pass needed) on their way out the door between 3:30-3:45. Students must sign in upon arrival to the library.
Students may have up to two books checked out at a time. Books are due three weeks from the date of checkout.