WELCOME TO THE
COPPER RIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER!
Hours: Monday - Friday 7:55 am to 3:15 pm
Welcome to Our Library Media Center "A World of Books!Our Library Media Center has over 10,000 books, videos/dvds and magazines for use by students and teachers. We have 25 chromebooks for accessing the online card catalog and the internet for research. The media center also has an ActivBoard that Mrs. Alli uses for student instruction and two iPads.
Students may use the Library Media Center for the following :
- checking in books
- checking out books 2 per student in grades 2-5, 1 per student grades K-1
- if students are doing reports or research for the classroom they may check out more than 2 books
- learning about and the practicing of library skills
- doing research
- learning about books and authors
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.
Mrs. Allison ShipwashLibrary Media Specialistallison.firstname.lastname@example.org