Norwood Elementary Library Media Center
Welcome to Norwood Elementary Library!
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.
Library Information and Hours
Our library classes are part of the block schedule rotation. Students will visit the library every five days. Students in grades K-2 may check out one book and students in grades 3-5 may check out two books. Library lessons will correlate with the school curriculum and focus on basic library skills.Hours: 7:30-2:30
M. Chapman, Librarianmickey.firstname.lastname@example.org