How Do I Register My Child
Student registration paperwork can either be downloaded or picked up and returned to Karns Elementary School (West Office) between 9:00-2:00 beginning April 11-May 25. After May 25, registration paperwork can be returned on Wednesdays only from 9:00-12:00 at Karns Elementary School (West Office).
- Kindergarten: children must be five (5) years of age by August 15, 2019, in order to be eligible for kindergarten.
You will need the following documents:
- Proof of Birth - Government issued Birth Certificate
- A copy of the student’s social security card. (requested but not required)
- Immunization Records - The student’s Tennessee Department of Health Immunization certificate (i.e. shot record to be completed and signed by the child’s physician or county health department.). Visit the Knox County Schools’ Immunization page to read more about the immunization requirements.
- Recent Physical Examination - Proof that the student has had a physical within 30 days of enrolling.
- Proof of Residence - Knox County Schools requires
of the following:
- Gas, Water or Electric Bill
In cases where the utilities and/or lease agreement is in the name of a person other than the parent/guardian, the person listed must provide the utility bill and/or lease agreement and also must provide a notarized letter stating that the parent/guardian and the children are living at that address.
Paquetes de Inscripción