Welcome to the Library
______________________________________________________At Green Magnet Academy we want our students to love reading and to be equipped to use the library to find answers! Students will be able to check books out of the library when they come with their class and also come on their own if they need a new book. Students will use tools learned in the library to solve problems, gain new knowledge and research information.
Circulation Policy________________________________________________Students in Kindergarten check out one book during their library visit. All other students will be able to have two books checked out of the library. Students will be asked to pay for lost library books but we do not have any fee for books that are returned late.
KCS Library Media Mission and Beliefs
KCS Librarians/Media Specialists BeliefsWe believe the Library Media Specialist will:
- Promote a love of reading.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for all learners. Cultivate a spirit of inquiry.
- Collect a rich variety of resources to support the needs of each learner.
- Provide equitable information access to all learners.
- Teach learners:
- To access information efficiently for a variety of purposes.
- To evaluate and discern among information sources.
- To use information critically, effectively, and ethically.
- Collaborate with students and teachers to decide the best methods for creating and sharing information.
- Integrate services with the school’s mission and goals.
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in relevant and sustained professional development.
Library Media Specialist
Jamie KellyLibrary Media Specialist801 Lula Powell Dr, Knoxville, TN email@example.com
Green Magnet Academy Library Hours7:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m.