AUGUST 2022 CARTOGRAPHY
7th Grade SS classes
MAPPING ACTIVITIES FOR TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
1) GEOSPATIAL REVOLUTION VIDEOS - http://geospatialrevolution.psu.edu/episode1
WATCH EPISODE(S) 2,3 or 4 as a table and then add to the Geospatial PADLET
2) Card Game - https://www.gapminder.org/tools/#$state$time$value=2018;;&chart-type=map
World Tour $ . https://www.gapminder.org/dollar-street/matrix
Share what you find with your group. Get a baggie with cards in it. Arrange them according to development in the countries. Explain how they arranged the cards. What does the way you arranged the cards reflect? Get the map handout. Find and mark the countries on the map. Could the graph divide countries in our world? If so, how? Add your thoughts to the Gapminder PADLET
3) Worldmapper- https://worldmapper.org/ Choose some maps and see what you can discover that surprises you in our world. Investigate and then share with other people at your table. Add your discoveries to the Worldmapper PADLET.
http://archive.worldmapper.org/imagemaps/imagemap2.html . Population Map for Reference
TOYS: One of these is a map of the importing of toys and one is the exporting of toys. Which is which and what story does this tell us?
GAMES TO TRY
https://ayiti.globalkids.org/game/ Get a family of five to survive - work, diplomas, disease
https://geoguessr.com/world/play . Figure out where in the world you are dropped on Google Maps.
TURN IN TOUR BUILDER HERE
RENAISSANCE GALLERY - click here to make a copy of slides
Silk Road Mapping click this to get a copy of assignment.
Work with a partner- A will click on the mapping link and will navigate the map
B will act to answer the questions on the Google Doc (this can be shared with partner A)
1) CLICK HERE to make a copy of the Google Tour Builder slides.
2) Click here for Google Tour Text Template