We love your help! From "Leaders for Readers" to Community School support, there are many opportunities to volunteer at Norwood Elementary School. Depending on the type of volunteer activity proposed, volunteers may be required to submit to a background check.* These are managed by the Knox County Schools Public Affairs Office at no cost. If you have additional questions, please contact Mrs. Harris, and she will direct you through the proper steps. Once approved, the background check will be valid for 6 years.
In order to volunteer in the Knox County Schools, an individual must:
- Sign in and out each time they visit a school
- Appear clean, neat, and appropriately attired
- Wear an identification tag at all times while on school grounds
- Work with students in areas designated by school staff
- Only provide food or drink to a student if authorized by the student’s teacher or principal
*Per district policy I-260, any volunteer that will have direct contact with students under limited supervision by school staff or will have unsupervised contact with students on or off-campus will need to complete a background check through Knox County.