My name is Mrs. Hamilton and I am the School Counselor for Pond Gap Elementary. I have worked at Pond Gap since 2010, but have been a School Counselor since graduating from U.T. in 2003 with a Master's degree in School Counseling. Working with children is my passion because I believe that all children are capable of greatness. I believe in teaching the whole child, bridging school experiences to making long-term goals for success inside and out of the classroom. Together, we can raise our children to be READY, RESPECTFUL, and RESPONSIBLE!
School Counselors work with all children in a school. Below are some of the ways in which I might get to know your child:
- In the classroom: All students will particpate in 'leadership classes' at least 3 times a semester. These topics might include bullying, friendship skills, character education, goal-setting and academic planning, and college and career and are based on State standards.
- Individually: Individual counseling sessions are conducted upon teacher, parent, or child referral.
- Small-group counseling or 'friendship' groups: Voluntary, small groups usually meet during recess or lunch with parent notification.
- New student orientation: Once a month, I'm happy to lead you and your child on a short tour.
- Student Council: If elected by their classmates, some students will meet in the guidance room at least once a month to work on schoolwide projects and develop their leadership skills.
If you child needs some extra help making good friends, making good grades, or even just making good choices, please let me know so that I can help! Email me anytime: email@example.com. I'm at the Pond on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.