When helping students with special needs, our mission is to foster supportive relationships in a safe, caring, and academically appropriate environment. We believe that this will motivate students to problem solve and make positive choices. This mission has lead us to many insights into our understanding of what we want to be. Ultimately, our vision is to be a comprehensive multi-disciplinary school, working to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of individual students. Our programs seek to advance student academics and success in school through effective use of research based strategies, technology, and access to the general education curriculum. We encourage achievement so students may be educated in their least restrictive environment with the strategies we develop.
Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. --Nido Qubein
AT RIDGEDALE WE BELIEVE:
- Teachers, staff and administrators must create an emotionally stable and physically safe environment that promotes a positive and productive learning atmosphere.
- Allstudents can learn.
- Students learn by being actively engaged in lessons specifically tailored to their individual abilities.
- Each student is a valuable individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Exceptional students require and should receive individualized and sometimes extended services to meet their distinctive needs.
- Students should be provided with individual goals dependent on their unique educational, emotional and behavioral needs, and they should be presented with a variety of instructional and behavioral strategies to achieve these goals.
- Curriculum and instructional styles must use a variety of strategies to accommodate various differences in learners.
- Students must return home with the ability to make positive choices for their own social, emotional and intellectual growth.
- Successful teaching and learning are dependent on strong, caring relationships between teachers, learners, parents and other community members.