Excellence for Every Child
West High School is dedicated to a tradition of excellence, a concept of diversity, unlimited potential and a global future where:
* are engaged in challenging and meaningful learning
* are involved in integrated learning activities
* have access to a variety of resources for learning
* help guide their own learning and academic achievement through personal goal setting
* understand and value the benefits of education
* view the learning process as a cycle of continued personal growth
Parents and Community:
* are actively engaged in their child’s education
* interact with children to offer mentoring services for struggling students (academically and socially)
* view West High School as a safe, central place within the community
* view West High School as an agent for moving the community forward
* help to develop and nurture a genuine West High School community
* will actively promote West High School
* are invested in leading the district in cultural events and international mindedness
* are dedicated to creating rigorous, engaging, effective lessons.
* incorporate innovative, relevant and differentiated learning practices into their classrooms
* continually refine their craft through quality PLC and SLC collaboration
* nurture the process of learning
* foster an environment of personal accountability and school pride
* are designed for optimal success of every student
* support consistency in school climate, policy implementation, teaching, communication and academic and emotional security
* streamline communication processes to make information readily available to all stakeholders
* utilize a technology-driven infrastructure and curriculum
* provide a safe and stable learning environment.
Students are provided a diverse, international curriculum, a student-centered schedule, and an environment of accountability where instruction and assessments are research-based and data-driven.
Click Here to read about West High announcing approval for the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme!
5:30 PM - 7:30 PM Magnet Showcase
7:00 PM Annual Musical: Bye Bye Birdie