Excellence for Every Child
West High School is dedicated to a tradition of excellence, a concept of diversity, unlimited potential and a global future where:
* are engaged in challenging and meaningful learning
* are involved in integrated learning activities
* have access to a variety of resources for learning
* help guide their own learning and academic achievement through personal goal setting
* understand and value the benefits of education
* view the learning process as a cycle of continued personal growth
Parents and Community:
* are actively engaged in their child’s education
* interact with children to offer mentoring services for struggling students (academically and socially)
* view West High School as a safe, central place within the community
* view West High School as an agent for moving the community forward
* help to develop and nurture a genuine West High School community
* will actively promote West High School
* are invested in leading the district in cultural events and international mindedness
* are dedicated to creating rigorous, engaging, effective lessons.
* incorporate innovative, relevant and differentiated learning practices into their classrooms
* continually refine their craft through quality PLC and SLC collaboration
* nurture the process of learning
* foster an environment of personal accountability and school pride
* are designed for optimal success of every student
* support consistency in school climate, policy implementation, teaching, communication and academic and emotional security
* streamline communication processes to make information readily available to all stakeholders
* utilize a technology-driven infrastructure and curriculum
* provide a safe and stable learning environment.
Students are provided a diverse, international curriculum, a student-centered schedule, and an environment of accountability where instruction and assessments are research-based and data-driven.
Senior Pictures Make-up
Saturday, October 22nd
by appointment ONLY
Click Here to read more about the IB Middle Years Programme at West High!
Report potential violence, drugs, bullying or other sensitive issues to security and law enforcement.
Text to: 274637 (spells CRIMES)
Type in keyword: knoxschools
Type a space
Type your tip
Download the free mobile app by searching "TipSubmit Mobile"
7:30 AM Homecoming Football Game
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM SAT Testing
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Miami College Visit
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Auburn College Visit
7:30 PM Home Football Game
7:30 AM Away Football Game
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM Samford College Visit
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM IN-School PSAT