Excellence for Every Child
Congratulations to the South-Doyle Science Olympiad team for their 4th place finish at the State tournament last Saturday at the University of Tennessee! The students did an all-around tremendous job and earned medals in 15 of the 23 events. A BIG thank you to our students for their hard work and leadership, and our parents/coaches who have provided countless hours of support and valuable instruction.
SDMS State Medals – 2015
· 2nd Place = Bio-Process Lab (Adam McDaniel and Monet Harriman)
· 2nd Place = Bridge Building (Connor McGinley and Jessica Burks)
· 2nd Place = Elastic Launched Glider (Marley Harriman and Connor McGinley)
· 2nd Place = Robo-Cross (Adam McDaniel and Connor McGinley)
· 2nd Place = Write It Do It (Marley Harriman and Monet Harriman)
· 3rd Place = Experimental Design (Monet Harriman, Marley Harriman, Connor McGinley)
· 4th Place = Entomology (Nolan Askew and Elijah Styles)
· 4th Place = Fossils (Monet Harriman and Marley Harriman)
· 5th Place = Air Trajectory (Derek McCarley and Melody Hubbard)
· 5th Place = Simple Machines (Farrell Scott and Derek McCarley)
· 5th Place = Solar System (Melody Hubbard and Jessica Burks)
· 6th Place = Crave the Wave (Farrell Scott and Nolan Askew)
· 6th Place = Meteorology (Eric Fitzpatrick and Jessica Burks)
· 6th Place = Road Scholar (Casey Handlos and Derek McCarley)
Send a $37 check or money order written to SDMS to
Mr. Mosadegh during homeroom
Please put Child's name and homeroom teacher on the check
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT)-- A Very Special Arts Festival is a one of a kind event that celebrates Knox County Students with diverse abilities and the various artistic skills they are learning in the classroom.
It's not a competition, but an opportunity for students with disabilities to share their talents, works of art, and accomplishments with the community. Through this event, the Dogwood Arts Festival wants to encourage and stimulate feelings of self-worth within these students.
Wednesday's festival included a wide variety of activities in music, dance, drama, and visual arts. Students also participated in workshops of “make and take” arts and crafts, demonstrations, exhibits of art work, and performances by individuals with disabilities
A Very Special Arts Festival is supported by AKIMA Women’s Club of Knoxville, The Pilot Club, West High School, and West Knoxville Civitan Club.
The event is a united effort between Dogwood Arts, the University of Tennessee Departments of Art and Special Education, and Knox County Schools.
In April and June, the Knox County Schools’ Human Resources Department will host three recruitment fairs for those interested in starting a career with the Knox County Schools:
Saturday, April 25, 2015: Certified Employees Recruitment Fair
Saturday, June 27, 2015: Classified Employees Recruitment Fair
On Saturday, April 11, the Priority Staffing Schools Recruitment Fair will be held at Central High School (5321 Jacksboro Pike) from 9 a.m. to noon. Anyone interested in employment as a certified employee in a priority staffing school in the Knox County Schools is encouraged to attend and learn more about the positions available.
Visit the Knox County School website for a list of the Priority staffing schools.
On Saturday, April 25, the Certified Employees Recruitment Fair will be held at
Central High School (5321 Jacksboro Pike) from 9 a.m. to noon. Certified positions require a license issued by the Tennessee Department of Education or other accredited state boards of education. Certified staff members require a valid professional license based on training that covers the subjects or grades taught and/or a specialty service area (e.g. school counselor) in accordance with rules and regulations of the State Board of Education.
On Saturday, June 27, the Classified Employees Recruitment Fair will be held at Central High School (5321 Jacksboro Pike) from 9 a.m. to noon. Classified positions are those positions which do not require certification in accordance with rules and regulations of the Tennessee Department of Education and typically include bookkeepers, clerks, maintenance or custodial staff, food service staff, instructional assistants, and security personnel, as well as many central office administrative services positions and part-time staff.
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Recruitment Fair Certified Employees
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Leadership Council Mtg.