TCAP testing will be Tuesday April 28-Friday May 1, 2015. In order to prepare students for the tests, please try the following:
1. Put the date on the family calendar—Talk to kids about TCAPs and other end-of-the-year exams.
3. Encourage good sleep habits—Professionals recommend children should get eight to ten hours of sleep for several nights leading up to the exams, not just the night before the test.
4. Provide a good breakfast—Children should get a healthy breakfast every morning, one that includes protein, is not too heavy, and doesn’t have too much sugar.
5. Get them to school on time
6. Share test day tips. The focus should be on working hard, not on making the perfect score. Students should pace themselves. They first look over the entire section to see how many items are on it. They should answer the ones they know. Students should go back to the questions they don’t know and eliminate the wrong answers, and guess between the remaining choices.