School Daily Announcements
- March 23 - 8th Grade Parent Night 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- March 29 - Medic Blood Drive
- April 7 - PROM @ Hunter Valley Farms
- April 20-23 - GHS Theatre presents Online Fighting performance
- April 27 - Honors Luncheon in Small Gym during 3rd block
- May 1 - AP Environmental Science Exam - 8:30 a.m.
- May 3 - AP English Literature and Composition Exam - 8:30 a.m.
- May 5 - Senior Breakfast - 8:00 a.m.
- May 5 - Senior Celebration and Yearbook Day
- May 9 - AP Calculus Exam - 8:30 a.m.
- May 9 - NHS Induction Ceremony 5:00-6:30 p.m.
- May 11 - Senior Exams for 3rd & 4th block classes (Exams will be given during the scheduled class time)
- May 11 - Fine Arts Night at 6:30 p.m. (Big gym, auditorium, and library.)
- May 12 - Senior Exams for 1st & 2nd block classes (Exams will be given during the scheduled class time)
- May 15 - Senior Exam makeups
- May 18 - Graduation Practice - 8:00 a.m. Thompson-Boling Arena
- May 19 - Graduation - 8:00 p.m. Thompson-Boling Arena
Graduation Fee of $25 (payable to Gibbs High School) is due to Mr. Hensley in Room 108 by May 12.
Congrats to our Class of 2017 Top 5 Academic Award Winners!
Valedictorian - Cailey Griffin
Salutatorian - Blake Merritt
Charly Ann Medley
Don't miss the GHS Theatre performance of Online Fighting
April 20th-22nd at 7:00 p.m.
April 23rd - 200 p.m.
Cheer tryouts will be held on March 30 & 31.
March 30 - 4:00-7:00 p.m.
March 31 - 4:00 p.m.
Mandatory parent meeting on March 8 at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
Tryout signup sheet is located in the office. If you do not sign up and attend the mandatory parent meeting you may not tryout.
Congrats to our Students of the Month!
Freshmen - Josh Minton & Micayla Domingues
Sophomores - Austin Thompson & Iyana Mack
Juniors - Alex Hughes & Morgan Gentry
Seniors - Adam Geames & Shelby Keaton
Congrats to our Wrestling Team!
TSSAA Wrestling State Championship
Cailey Griffin - 1ST PLACE
Hunter Fortner - 1ST PLACE
Kimberly Garcia - 4TH PLACE
Congrats to our Winter Guard for placing 1st at the Foothills Winter Classic!
Congrats to our HOSA winners!
McKenna West - 2nd place Veterinary Science
Austin Thompson - 2nd place Nursing Assisting
Cheyenne Bussell - 4th place Extemporaneous Health Poster
Anna Collins - 4th place Medical Assisting
Rachel McFarling - 5th place Medical Terminology
*These students will be competing at the state competition in April!
Congrats to the following students for perfect attendance!
Mason Miller 9th grade
Nitika Boonyasophat 11th grade
Chloe Johnson 11th grade
David Feier 12th grade
Pilot/Flying J Tutoring Center Schedule
TUESDAY: Math tutoring from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. & 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
THURSDAY: Math & Biology from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
THURSDAY: Math & Chemistry from 3:45 p.m. - 4:45 p.m.
TN Promise and FAFSA
go to our website under the "School Counseling" tab to learn more
about Tennessee Promise and the FAFSA.
Our goal is to have 100% of our Seniors apply for the Tennessee Promise.
Please do not forget to purchase your GHS Foundation Bricks. Order forms are on our website and attached below. Please share these with alumni and businesses that may want to support GHS. Click here for the order form.
Parents - please consider joining our wonderful PTA. See the main office for more details.
Get Connected: Follow us on Twitter @Gibbsprincipal
Facebook: Gibbs High School Eagles
Student parking applications are
available in the office and in the cafeteria during breakfast and lunch. To
park on campus, all students must bring in the completed application, $45, copy
of driver license, and copy of the insurance card. All vehicles must have
2016-17 parking tag.
TEACHER OF THE MONTH
Congrats to Ms. Green, our teacher of the month!
TEACHERS OF THE YEAR
Congrats to our teachers of the year!
- SGA - Meeting every other Wednesday morning and afternoon in Mrs. Mitchell's room in the CTE building.
- Scholar's Bowl - Meeting every Thursday after school in Mr. Hensley's room.
- Y.A.F.E. Club - See Mrs. Tarver or Mrs. Green for more information.
- Math Club - Meeting in Mrs. Bakaletz's room (123) after school on 1st Wednesday of each month.
- Literary Club - Meetings bi-monthly in Mrs. Green's room on Tuesdays.
- French Club - Meeting bi-monthly on Mondays after school from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Art Club - Meetings on Thursdays from 3:45 to 4:45p.m. in Mr. Pignataro's room.
- Teens for Christ - Meeting on Thursdays from 8:00-8:20a.m. in Room 119.
- Project Unify (Special Olympic Unified Sports Club) Meetings every Thursday 8:00-8:20 a.m. in big gym.
- Sociedad Honoraria Hispanica - If you plan on volunteering at HoLa Fest, make sure you sign up online.
- Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Students - Meetings on Fridays at 8:00a.m.
- Drama Club - Meeting Thursdays at 3:30 p.m. in room 204.
- Japanese Culture Club - Wednesday in Mr. Hensley's room.
- Game Club - Meeting in Mr. Howard's room every Monday and Thursday after school until 4:30 p.m.
- FCCLA - Meeting in Mrs. Young's room (125 ) on Tuesdays. Check your remind messages.
- HOSA - Meeting 2nd and 4th Thursday morning of every month in Mrs. German's room in CTE building.
- DECA - Meetings in room 521 in CTE building. See Mrs. Kepper for more details.
- Fishing Club - Meeting 1st Tuesday of every month in room 305 at 6:30 p.m.